Haggis123

E-PL7 and PT-EP12

E-PL7 & PT-EP12 has anyone tried this out. Looking for a review or any info on the E-PL7 and the PT-EP12?

In particular I am interested in the upgrade issues for the 60mm macro, the ZEN WA port, Olympus 9-18 etc.

Looks like the 60mm will not fit in the standard port, needs to be confirmed.

PT-EP12 come with fixed port. You can not change housing port, and it is not compatible with 60 mm macro and 9-18.

That looks like a major step backwards. Maybe I will have to rethink my options.

Currently I use an E-PL3 in a PT-EP5

Thinking of extending to include wideangle. probably the 9-18 and the 60mm for macro (curently I use the 14-42 with a diopter.

No issues with this setup but to future prrof I was thinking I would switch to the PL7 in 2 years or so.

Now I might have to look at the Nauticam housing when/if I switch.

Do you guys know this for a fact?

When I look at all the pictures on the backscatter website I see what looks like the same interface as my epl2 housing.

The standard port looks different, but the port looks removable. If you look at the pic looking into the housing with the door open, you can see the locking tab on the port. At least, that's what I think I see.

Also look at the picture from straight above. You clearly see a gap between the housing and the port.

If you've used an oly housing for one of the eplx camers, take a look at the last 3 pictures on the backscatter site and see what you think.

Wolf Eel

I must agree, looking at -2 there definitly looks like a join between the body and the port.

Looking at the last picture there seems to be a hint of a thread.

My hopes rise as after much deliberation I had decided that this route was for me and I was about to splash out much hard earned lolly (it was that or buy an expensive handbag for the wife) on a dome plus 60mm plus wideangle.

Olympus Japan has now announced a program in Japan to exchange the new PT-EP12, EZ short lens port for the older original flat port for a small fee. It has not been announced outside Japan at this time.

Bottom line is that it appears that OlympusJP has gotten the message that many want to use the older port with older 14-42 lenses along with the 60mm macro and 9-18 zoom.

Sponsors

Advertisements