Sign in to follow this  
tdpriest

Black and white

post-4522-0-48539000-1416712438_thumb.jpg

I have been assembling a portfolio of recent images in black and white, although I seem to have been beaten to the punch by an article in Full Frame a couple of weeks ago...

... I was actually inspired by a speaker at the Wildscreen event in London last month, although I've been interested in using a "fine art" technique underwater for a long time.

Black and white, 2012 - 2014.

Edited by tdpriest

Stunning suff tdpriest.

you could sell some of them you know.

Goose

Enjoyed your BW album and connected to most of them.

Can you share source of inspiration?

i really like your pics in the flickr-album (and even marked one of them with "favorit" before I saw the link here), but I want to be honest:

The picture you posted here is not the best in my opinion. It looks out of focus or like you have used a starlight filter. It's not easy to describe for me, cause the right words are missing in my englisch word pool. Shortly: I like the others more :unsure:

Nice pictures in your Flickr ¡¡¡¡ Nice pictures. Only one constructive criticism:In my opinion we should not abuse the B&W in underwater photography. It is very difficult to draw the beautiful colors that have fish and coral...... and then transform them into white-black

Best regards

Manu

In my opinion we should not abuse the B&W in underwater photography.

It's my opinion that we actually abuse vibrant colours, detracting from the shapes and compositions that are also unique to the world accessible to divers.

That was my reason to include the imperfect shot that heads this thread: the shape and composition seem strong to me, despite the mirky conditions and the combination of odd optics, a torch rather than a strobe and high ISO. Strong enough to explore in a monochromatic reproduction that hasn't, perhaps, come off as well as I had hoped.

There are some absolute stunners in there Tim. I find it refreshing seeing colourful fish in monochrome; it's not always going to work, but in your album works well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements