Sign in to follow this  
mufazalov

MDX-RX100/II

Hi, fellow aquamen (and aquawomen) :)
Here is a question for people familiar with Sea&Sea RX100 housing.

I am considering purchasing a RecSea housing for an RX100 (yes a Recsea) and I would love to hear what is that pad inside your SEA&SEA that makes it compatible to both RX100 and RX100M2... How do the dimensions of RX100 and RX100M2 differ? Only the hotshoe? Other than that they look identical to me...

Its the first step on cramming a RX100M2 into a Recsea's RX100 housing :)

Bad idea. Why don't you buy the new recsea cws plastic housing if you want to save money? You are not going to go back to the mark I so why bother?

The recsea design is really solid.. That there is not much room or none at all. In the mk 1 and mk2 housing.

The sea and sea housing for mk1 and mk2 came much later. Hence they design to fit a mk1 or mk2.

The full control for recsea housing is really nice to use and its like a single thumb operation for me in manual mode

Edited by hellhole

Interceptor121 and hellhole,
thanks for your input.

It might be a bad idea, but I (still tend) to believe that it might not be as bad as you think. The Recsea housing I am talking about is decently priced + has a I-i-Das's UWL04 on it. Thats the ideal setup off the wall.

The camera will be used to capture video (freediving 40m+) and I believe the plastic might not be able to maintain the rhythm :)

From what I understand off the Sea&Sea MDX RX100 manual, the bumper kit is just the rubber padding: 4 of them is for the lcd area + 2 for the rotaries. And thats it. I wonder how difficult would it be to replicate those. The difficulty could be related to the internal layout of the buttons/rotaries, as different housings adopt different implementation scenarios...

A fisheye lens for video looks ugly and I have the UWL-04 myself and would not recommend it for the RX100 except split shots. Get a plastic recsea housing and the Inon UWL-h100 that's the best set up for video by a great dea

If its only for free diving only. I suggest u forget about the h100. As it's going to be quite long after all that is done. Without it .. The RX can still take quite good wide angle video.

I would go further and intro you to a nb housing from fun in sg. A Taiwan company base in Singapore. They have a mk 3 melkon like housing that had a leak sensor.

A leak detector that sense water is useless by that time the camera is already junk so don't make it a pint to have one. The only real leak detectors are vacuum systems

Free diving: going up and down surely if there is a bit of water goes in the camera before it touches the moisture alarm? Lol

Free diving: going up and down surely if there is a bit of water goes in the camera before it touches the moisture alarm? Lol

Not going to open it up when waiting !!!|hehe...

Let TS decide... I think all type of housing has its pro and con. and everyone has its own budget and usage

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements