Simppu

Maldives Kuredu in May -15

My wife and I are going to Kuredu in May for our 15 yrs anniversary. So it will not be an all out divephoto trip. I can only bring a limited selection of photo gear (lenses), so is Kuredu and nearby divesites mostly wideangle dives or should I bring a 100 mm macro ? Lensoptions are (for 5D3) Sigma 15, tokina 10-17, Canon 16-35/4L, 100mm macro. I will most likely need to limit myself to 2 lenses (+some surface photolenses).

Thanks, Johan

The Kuredu does have macro sites, but I'd generally say it is stronger for WA.

The dive shop there isn't particularly 'hard core' so as long as you are happy doing a single dive am/pm you'll be ok. Last time we were there they kept the 2 tank boat list under the counter and you really had to give them a hard time before they would send a boat out. All very very bizarre and definitely more suited to a tourist who wants to do an odd dive rather than a full 'dive trip'.

Still the Maldives is great for life. Enjoy!

• Like 1

On my check dive at Kuredu house reef (I only did one dive there, went out with the Horizon after that) last February I saw a pipefish, octopus and a leaf scorpionfish. Definitely some good macro stuff around, but also lots of turtles (especially at the rear part of the island, named 'turtle airport') and tons of grey reef sharks. I'd take the 10-17 and the 100.

• Like 1

Sponsors

Advertisements