snowscuba

GoPro OEM Red Filter?

Hi, I know a lot has been talked here about using a red or magenta filter with GoPro cameras to correct color loss. I have in the past shot with after market red filters from Polar Pro, among others, with decent results. But now GoPro offer their own red and magenta filters that fit perfectly on their housings. I couldn't find any reviews or comparison.
I am buying a GoPro Hero 4 and looking into a red filter for it.
Does anybody here have experience with GoPro's own red filter?

Thanks so much

I got one and immediately returned it for the following reasons:

• The four slots at the four corners allowed unfiltered light in and turned the upper corners of the 4:3 test photos blue; however, the blue corners weren't visible in the 16:9 videos. This might not be a problem underwater, but didn't want to take a chance.

• The lens was glued onto a rather flimsy frame and I doubted it could withstand the force needed to remove the filter long term.

• My GoPro is mounted on another camera, the force required to remove the GoPro filter underwater will certainly alter the alignment between the two cameras everytime.

I ended up purchasing a Flip 3.1 filter. My observations here.

• The lens was glued onto a rather flimsy frame and I doubted it could withstand the force needed to remove the filter long term.

Do you mean the filter is attached to a flimsy frame?

Thanks

Yes, the red filter is glued onto a rather flimsy frame.

Sponsors

Advertisements