bighead

Aquatica Gear pitch

hi, does anyone know the gear pitch for the aquatica housing, specifically the one for D7000 ?? I am looking for the zoom gear #48717. Looking to use it for some other DIY projects.

Thxs ...

Edited by bighead

Hi Since I just printed that exact lens, here are the specs.

sucks I cant copy and paste on this site.

P = 24 Diametral Pitch

N = 88 Number of Teeth

phi = 14.5 deg Pressure angle

a = 1 / P Addendum

b = 2.157 / P - a Dedendum

c = b - a Clearance

dp = N / P Pitch Circle Diameter

db = dp * cos(phi) Base Circle Diameter

Let me know if you need anything else I added a few thousands to account for shrinkage in the printing, to the tooth length.

Okuma - have you used one of those rings in a housing? I'm just wondering about real world gear meshing and housing clearances.

No I have not used one before.

I found out about them from a presentation at our U/W photo club. The presenter has used them.

Back ground info: I ran a large gear manufacturing company for three years and do have some insight into gearing.

Think about how much pressure you would have to exert to deform a plastic gear tooth and think about how much force is requires to turn a lens ring.

If interested, pm me and I'll put you in touch with the guy who presented at our club.

Cheers

just to check. The diametral pitch is 24, so the metric module if calculated wont be a standard module. Do you size up or down to the nearest standard module ?

just had it printed out ... module of 1mm works fine with the gear. however, the no of teeth shouldn't be 88. it shld be more and I am working out the number. Based on 88, the gears do not engage each other.

from my latest print, the no of teeth should be 92, with a module of 1mm. Pretty easy to get this gear off solidworks standard library.

Sponsors

Advertisements