Sign in to follow this  
scuba-s

Bangka Island info

I Am off to bangka island in May diving with mimpi dive resort and am looking for info on anyone that has been there Eg:-what the resort is like the dive guides and the macro diving like around the area and the best dive sites around the island,from the info i have so far it looks good,any info would be most appreciated

steve

You'll have much fun, i am a bangka fan as well, been there 5 times returning in April at Murex.

Banga is a mix of Wide angle and macro,

best dives sites for me are Sahaung and BatuPendita for wide angle (Sahaung is probably one of my favorite dive sites worldwide), for macro Bangka is pygmy seahorse heaven you'll find lots of Pontohi and Severnsi, mor ethan in Lembeh. Demak is great in that respect, you may fnd as many as 8-10 pygmies in 12-15 meters of water which gives you plenty of time to shoot them. Probably the best muck sites are on themainland coast nerby Likupang, Paradise pier is an outstanding site thta micxes various biotops like a pier, algae fields, typical muck and coral reef. I like as well Batu Tiga which is a pain to decide whether it's a macro (harlequin shrimps, pompom crabs bargibanti pygmies, nnudibranch) or wide angle (big frogfishes, healthy corals, fish schools) dive.

In teh meantime you can click on my Flickr gallery (thais is the link to my Bangka album) to have a taste of what you will see.

Edited by Luko

Hi Wolf

I have written two reports on Mimpi on scubaboard. Do a search for Mimpi Indah.

The last trip there we had a really poor dive guide. If after the first dive you feel the guide is not up to scratch then dont hesitate to tell Owen.

Otherwise enjoy Bangka it really has some amazing diving and some really good critters.

It is a great location, I have not been to Mimpi but I spent a month on the Island there is lots of Macro stuff to keep you busy but also some very nice reefs. There is also a Dugong that hangs around if your lucky.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements