Sign in to follow this  
nihal

Banda Sea: Ambon - Raja Ampat - Sorong

In October 2014 we joined the Black Manta on their Banda Sea crossing trip - we had heard a lot about the crossing and were looking forward to it.

As usual I had my BMCC with me to shoot the amazing underwater world of Indonesia.
I hope you enjoy smile.png

• Like 3

Nice Job. Thanks for posting it. How hard is the post with the BMCC?

Dustin

Thanks Dustin.

Actually it's pretty straight forward posting with the BMCC. The only hard part is the data management - if you shoot raw you need a fairly fast machine with a raid setup and lots of diskspace. Copying data takes time. But besides that, imagine processing raw photos, just in motion :)

My entire workflow of sorting, editing, grading and finishing is in Davinci Resolve. Since v10 it has fairly good editing capabilities.

Davinci's raw DNG module is very similar to Adobe's camera raw. You set you color temperatur, tint, exposure, contrast etc, and you have your footage whitebalanced and with an initial grade.

So for me the biggest learning curve was getting used to Davinci Resolve. After that, it's not much difference to normal footage with the additional benefit of you're working with raw.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements