im getting ready to house my 5D3 with a Nauticam housing. i have the canon 8-15mm and plan on buying a 16-35. most likely the f4 version. Is there a reason you would purchase the f2.8 over the f4 besides the larger aperature? Also whish dome port would give me the sharpest image, ZEN 9 inch glass or the Sea and Sea 10 inch acrylic? is there another port that yall would suggest?

thanks in advance

Brian

Get the f4. It's slightly sharper at most focal lengths and has less distortion. IS is a boon for slow shutter speed shots.

As for dome ports, bigger is better. Since you have a nauticam housing, if you choose the S&S FEP, you will need to ensure the adapter+extension will be in the range of the lens' nodal point for the dome. The Zen dome and Nauticam dome are essentially the same. Good luck.

thank you for the reply. you answered my biggest question!! the f4 or f2.8. it is exactly the answer i want to hear. im most likely going with the zen dome. sound a bunch of threads about acrylic vs glass. not sure why i hadnt thought about search for that until now. lol

thanks again

Thanks for the info Todd, Love the images in the article. Can you help with which dome you'd recommend or were using? I own the f/4 but haven't taken it underwater.

Cheers,

Steve

I'm using the 9" zen with an 80mm ext. Nauticam housing 5D lll

will for sure be gettting the f4 version. i ended up ordering the sea and sea 10 inch dome. might order the zen down the line. price was the main reason i went with the sea and sea. ill try and post some pics when i get out to dive. might be a couple weeks. ill be using the 8-15mm for a month or so until i purchase the 16-35 f4.

thanks for all the info

Sponsors

Advertisements