Sign in to follow this  
jwmm2

GoPro Hero2 Macro?

Hi all

Does anybody know of a good Macro lens option for the Hero2? I'm coming up short in my searches for an off the shelf option so I'm happy to do some DIY work if someone can recommend a lens that will work. I'm looking at the MacroMate Mini which is meant for the hero3 or 4 and am wondering if I can rig it up to my hero2?

Any help would be awesome

Cheers

Joe

First u have to mod the hero 2 housing. From what I know there is only one option to do that and also enable you to add on Marco lens.

That is the son option

http://www.snakeriverprototyping.com/hero/hero2-standard-housing

U have to do some diy but I have done it before... Not a piece of cake... But relatively easy

This enables u to have 55mm thread that u can put any +10 lens on it. Marco mate, murami, etc... Shooting in narrow mode should take care of any vignetting issues...

Awesome, thanks for that!

Hey! I just look at the link again. I realised that it's the accessories... Not the mod.

Sorry about that. You can still write to srp and ask if they still have the mod available. The last time I ask... About a year ago. They have 10pieces left.

yeah I found that too, but that actually sent me on a trail to another website which is still selling it

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements