A very short macro video of saddleback clownfish, Amphiprion polymnus, tending to their eggs at Bethlehem near Anilao.

Shot with the with my Panasonic GH4 in a Nauticam NA-GH4 housing. I used an Olympus M.Zuiko ED 12-50mm f3.5-6.3 EZ lens. I can't wait to get my Olympus 60mm macro lens on some clownfish eggs.

I'm really enjoying the panning/cropping/zooming capability that the 4K gives me when publishing in 1080p. The most close-up shot here (at 0:43) is just a straight crop down to 1080p.

Well, just got back from Anilao and actually dove at Bethlehem. Through out my dive, the dive master did find 2 patches of clownfish eggs, but they're behind the coral or deep inside, where I couldn't get a steady shoot of the eggs. My footage turned out shaky since I don't have any place to get down and anchor myself. You're lucky!

Well, just got back from Anilao and actually dove at Bethlehem. Through out my dive, the dive master did find 2 patches of clownfish eggs, but they're behind the coral or deep inside, where I couldn't get a steady shoot of the eggs. My footage turned out shaky since I don't have any place to get down and anchor myself. You're lucky!

I was there on 21st March again and found the same anemone. There was a new patch of eggs in exactly the same place, in front of the anemone, and it's extremely accessible. However the eyes had not yet started to develop.

Hey Nick, nice one mate.

So no more zooming.

Looks so nice and sharp.

So I should sell my Mini DV set up now :-)

I was there on 21st March again and found the same anemone. There was a new patch of eggs in exactly the same place, in front of the anemone, and it's extremely accessible. However the eyes had not yet started to develop.

Oh Nick, we must have crossed path. I was diving with Crystal Blue Resort and didn't end my trip until March 25th. I keep telling my dive master I want to see more clown fish eggs, but all people on my boat want to do wide angle, which turned out to be rather disappointing because the visibility was not good and the water was murky. I did get to see Sheep Nudibranch, so that made up a bit.

Hi Nick,

Looks great.

One question, Is it sharpened in post?

Hi Nick,

Looks great.

One question, Is it sharpened in post?

Thanks! Yes EunJae. Default 0.5 in Sony Sharpen in Vegas Pro 12/13, apart from the most cropped closeup where I used 0.7. I did my sharpening before doing colour correction with Color Curves.

• Like 1

Thanks! Yes EunJae. Default 0.5 in Sony Sharpen in Vegas Pro 12/13, apart from the most cropped closeup where I used 0.7. I did my sharpening before doing colour correction with Color Curves.

Thanks Nick!

Sponsors

Advertisements