Sign in to follow this  
Rev

Does the zen adapter just slide onto the zen dome (9-18 mm)?

Picked up the Zen dome/adapter last night for the Oly housing / EM 5. Didn't get a demonstration at the shop, they said adapter goes on port, then onto housing.

Assuming both (adapter to port, and port to housing) attachments were bayonet style, I couldn't figure it out, but looks like the adapter just slides onto the port, and appears to use just the two o rings on the port as the seal between the adapter and port. No bayonet or other locking mechanism. The port/adapter then attaches to the Oly Housing via the twist and lock mechanism

Seems like the adapter/port connection are not as robust as I would think/like. Sitting on the couch, I can with some force, pull the port straight out of the housing (the adapter staying in place).

Before I get this wet.....Do I have this right or is there some step I am missing?

TIA

Edited by Rev

Rev,

I just went through what you're talking about. You'll need to unscrew one of the screws then insert and rotate, then reinsert the screw.

Click on the Reef Photo link below to the Zen PA-EP08-EP. They have pictures and detailed instructions. cheers

http://reefphoto.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=6073

Edited by Kent Dukes

Rev,

I just went through what you're talking about. You'll need to unscrew one of the screws then insert and rotate, then reinsert the screw.

Click on the Reef Photo link below to the Zen PA-EP08-EP. They have pictures and detailed instructions. cheers

http://reefphoto.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=6073

I thought there would be a reason for those two screws. Thanks much for the link, will give that a shot this evening.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements