bonadjalins

First clip with GH4 - Tulamben, March 2015

Just want to share my first clip with GH4.

Critics and comments are welcome, yet please be kind! :notworthy:

https://youtu.be/CzWKEP6M2kY

Hope you like it!

Bona

PS: Anyone care to share how to embed youtube clip on this page? Thanks in advance!

Edited by bonadjalins

Hi Bona,

Use Custom White balance for day time shot. You can just use your hand as white balance reference for now until you get the hang of it. In scene where you would use light, make sure your light is wide enough. The ideal video light should be 90 degree (you would need two), or most Chinese made video light are 120 degree these days so you can get away with just one light to start with.

Thanks Richard for the tips. I think wetpixel use to let us embed Youtube video with the short URL, good to know we have to use full URL to make it work now.

Moses

Use Custom White balance for day time shot. You can just use your hand as white balance reference for now until you get the hang of it. In scene where you would use light, make sure your light is wide enough. The ideal video light should be 90 degree (you would need two), or most Chinese made video light are 120 degree these days so you can get away with just one light to start with.

Hi Moses,

Thanks. In taking photograph with strobe I usually let the camera choose the WB with auto WB. But with no strobe I do manual WB with white slate. But I shot RAW anyway so can do post processing to my liking afterward.

In video, I'm still finding it hard to get the WB that I like, both with light or without. I use 2 SOLA 2000 and I think its quite sufficient, hopefully on the next trip I can try and learn more.

Bona

I enjoyed the video! It is paced nicely and matches the music, although I will always associate the Adagio or Strings from watching Platoon.

You could try warming up the WB a bit in editing.

• Like 1

I enjoyed the video! It is paced nicely and matches the music, although I will always associate the Adagio or Strings from watching Platoon.

You could try warming up the WB a bit in editing.

Hi Eagle Ray!

Thanks! Glad you like the clip. Haha, Adagio for String and Platoon? I don't know that! :laugh:

Thanks for the suggestion, I was trying to get the "Canon blue" look but I think ended up with cooler WB.

Cheers!

Sponsors

Advertisements