Kyle

switching from autofocus to manual focus underwater?

I have a Nauticam housing and a canon 70d with an L series 100mm macro lens.

Is there any way to switch from manual focus to auto focus and again while underwater? If not, does anyone know of a housing that can?

Thanks in advance!!

The ikelite housing allows for this function on the nikon d7000 housing.

Edited by blibecap

It is not possible to access the AF-MF switch that is on the side of EF lenses on any housing that I am aware of. To switch between AF and MF with a housing use a separate AF-on button and not the shutter button to activate AF. You can full-time MF with this lens.

I dunno why, but my topic double posted in the forum. Now there's ppl writing to 2 of the same topic. Sorry everyone.

Thanks so much for writing tho guys. I find it interesting to see that ikelite does allow to switch between af/mf.

I'm actually surprised (and saddened) with nauticam, they seem to have such a high reputation with their housings and yet they don't give photographers the choice of changing af/mf uw. But maybe it's just me that wants this option?? Haha

Tom Klein, could u plse explain a bit more to me what u mean about, "use a separate AF-on button and not the shutter button to activate AF. You can full-time MF with this lens." is there maybe a link that would explain this, thus saving u the tome of writing it out!!! ;)

Sponsors

Advertisements