okuma

Wearing B/C on airliner

Any one have any comments on wearing your B/C on a plane to reduce checked weight?

In particular UAL , US to Hawaii?

Seems remarkably silly to me, what if the bins are full and you can't stow it?

Bill

• Like 1

If you do, please post a photo......

• Like 3

If you haven't seen it, check out Aeris BC, I think it is called the Jet Pack. I was considering it but went with the Zeagle covert since I live down the street from them and love their stuff.

It does seem a little strange in that there are heavier pieces of gear to worry about. But why not, back in the day we use to wear our weight belts under our shirts on the flight from TJ to Cabo to avoid paying ridiculous Mexican Airlines baggage fees. We were diving off our own boat and too cheap to buy extra weights. Clearly that was in the days before metal detectors (circa 1978) and it felt unbelievably good to dump that sucker on the seat cushion after lugging it through the airport. I remember being very happy when a shop opened we could rent from.

Which brings up a good point, why not rent the BC in Hawaii?

What ever works,

Steve

I'm obviously in the wrong game.

Each time I fly with my diving and camera kit, I'm looking at 50kg in the hold and 25kg in hand luggage.

Are the airlines there, really that bad for hold luggage?

I'm obviously in the wrong game.

Each time I fly with my diving and camera kit, I'm looking at 50kg in the hold and 25kg in hand luggage.

Are the airlines there, really that bad for hold luggage?

Wow, you can't be flying out of Europe, Richard - or you are paying some serious excess baggage!

I'd rather draw a veil over the amount of cabin baggage I haul "effortlessly" on to the plane and gently place into the overhead locker.....

As for hold baggage, my last trip I had 27kgs in my bag (26kgs dive gear plus a toothbrush and swimmies) and the helpful check-in assistant said I had to remove 4kgs - which, kindly, she said I could hand carry. So I walked around the terminal and on to the plane carrying my wet suit.

Hey, if I had read this thread earlier I could have worn it, right?

:lol2:

I try and fly BA as much as possible for all my international flights (as once you factor in 2 cases and the decent carry on, flying with a lower cost airline works out actually more)

It does seem a liBut why not, back in the day we use to wear our weight belts under our shirts on the flight from TJ to Cabo to avoid paying ridiculous Mexican Airlines baggage fees. We were diving off our own boat and too cheap to buy extra weights.

Wonder what they'd say if you carried on a spear gun today...? ;-)

I heard that United Airline charge weight your carry on. In my recent trip to Anilao, those people who flew from Vancouver/Seattle never get their carry on weight.

I flew Eva air. My carry on get weight, 6KG is the limit INCLUDING camera and laptop. The ground grew lady almost throw a fist with me, but I speak mandarin with her nicely and she let me gate check one of my 17kg carry on and keep the other 11kg "personal bag".

I would rather rent gear or pay for baggage than lug my bcd as a carry on item.

Singapore Air is now, like others, limiting hand bags to 7kg and they weigh them (sometimes). For our next trip, we get two cabin bags, 7kg each, and two checked at 32kg each, which is more than enough.

Sponsors

Advertisements