Sign in to follow this  
coinee

Unusual perspective - why does this work?

I'm just going through my pictures from Egypt again after two weeks and came across this one. I really like it, despite it being taken at a downward angle. Does anyone have an explanation for why I like this? ('You're insane' is an okay reason fyi!)

17326477196_9d475ab559_c.jpgFSC_2313 by fabian.schorp, on Flickr

Edited by coinee
  • Like 1

Yeah. It's the solitary and loneliness of the diver against the blue depths - with the bubbles and school of fish placing him in the location. The neutral space blue only enhances the smallness of man against the enormity of his environment.

I think Jacques Cousteau may have said that only with a Gallic accent: Ze ehnormatee ov ze bluuu depss onleh increeses ze sehnz ov

Lohnlinesss.

I like it too. Maybe we are both insane.

• Like 2

It brings back memories!

I think the leading lines in the photo really move your eye nicely through the photo. I'm drawn to the reef from the bottom right corner which leads to the diver, and then I'm drawn from the fish to the diver. The depth of the school of fish and the reef heading into the background really give it dimension too. I don't know what's on the right hand side of the photo but I would have maybe left a little more space, it creates a little too much visual tension.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements