tdpriest

my half-life as an underwater photographer

As foretold, or perhaps threatened, I've found my hundred favourite images to reflect on the things that I've seen as a diver.

My best shot?

Edited by tdpriest
  • Like 3

Really nice collection, Tim. Top class and I even spot myself photobombing one shot!

Alex

Beautiful selection, I have always enjoyed your pictures on here and Flickr.

Tom

Some really good stuff there! I think this shot (https://www.flickr.com/photos/timsdiving/18030441842/in/album-72157653292205186/) would look amazing in black and white with serious contrast!

Hmmnnn: I'm not so sure. The plankton is picked out by both the yacht's spotlights and the not-exactly-video-lights that I was using.

post-4522-0-35127500-1432483761_thumb.jpg

Edited by tdpriest

I even spot myself photobombing one shot!

Alex

Well, I do have to thank you for inspiring and even suggesting a fair number...

A terrific collection, Tim. Really nice work.

Very cool shots. I really like the Raja Ampat windows from last year.

I was flicking through and trying to calculate how many from each year. Do you feel your hit rate of "keepers" or even "favourites" has increased over time?

Very impressive!

Do you feel your hit rate of "keepers" or even "favourites" has increased over time?

Oh, yes. I think that it's experience, and I have found that I do much better visiting sites that I've dived before. Of course, there's the distraction of a more expensive camera, and then there's joining a workshop which doesn't hurt, either...

Totally agree on your comment, Tim, on doing much better visiting (and photographing) sites I've done before.

I find it a huge advantage to re-dive the same site several times. You get to see it at different times of day, get more used to what is around, spot loads more things, spot good backgrounds, try different lenses.....

Tempting though it is to visit lots of dive sites, re-visiting, for me, makes for better pics.

Outstanding set of images Tim, truly, and done the right way. I noticed that even the polyps around your pigmy images were fully out and feeding. The fish appear to be not stressed at all. A great representation of doing it the right way. Congrats!

Cheers,

Steve

Top work Tim, well done!

Clinton

Some unbelievable images from all over the world! Amazing!

Tim,

Beautiful selection !

Having finally switched this summer to still photography, and being in the middle of selecting / post processing the 2500 pictures from my first trip, these pictures truly set a standard to look up to.

Cheers

Chris

Sponsors

Advertisements