Sign in to follow this  
newmanl

Okinawa info?

Hi Folks,

My wife and I are comtemplating a dive trip to Okinawa sometime this fall. We realize our timeframe coincides with typhoon season, but don't have a lot of choice over the timing at this point.

We are both very experienced divers and self-sufficient with respect to dive skills - in the water almost every weekend and take at least two major dive vacations a year. We both like to plod along nice and slow looking for interesting critters. I shoot with a 7D in an Aquatica housing, and split macro and wide about 50/50.

We've looked into flights - AC has a good route with, dare I say it, affordable fares. We intend to stay on the main island, unless there's a compelling reason to get on another flight.

So, I was wondering if anyone had any tips or recommendations as to dive ops. Since neither of us speaks Japanese, we've looked at Reef Encounters and Piranha Divers. The former seems a rough around the edges given the reviews - not that we need pampering, and the latter appears to cater mostly to folks learning to dive. In the interests of full-disclosure, I haven't contacted either as of yet.

Any info or suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Lee

Lee,

Did you every get any dive/travel information about Okinawa you can post? I am planning a trip there around September 2016.

Thanks

David

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements