Alex_Mustard

Low Visibility Shooting - Mustard video interview

I was in the Netherlands at the weekend for the CMAS World Championship of Underwater Photography. It is an excellent event, which was first held in the 1970s and has travelled all around the world in the intervening years.

I was really pleased to see it come to the Netherlands, particularly because the low visibility conditions would be a stern challenge - rewarding the photographers who really know what they are doing. Although the images won't be as amazing as in easier conditions, the competitors produced some exceptional work, especially considering every shot must be presented straight from the camera - no backscatter removal allowed! Each competitor was limited to just 4 dives to produce images in 5 categories.

You can see more here: https://www.facebook.com/netherlands2015

Anyway, below is a video clip of an interview I made during the event, with my dog Zena hanging on my every word as usual...

The first half of the interview is about the competition judging, the second half of the interview (start at 02:17) is about my approach for shooting in low visibility conditions:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hj4FmDZ1WrQ?t=2m17s

(I can't seem to make it embed - sharing does not seem to be turned off on the video - so not sure why)

Alex

[edit] - video embedded:

I think you need to paste the entire you tube video link address to make embedded video work..

Thus, you need to paste: "

"

BTW, good sharing as always Alex..

Cheers,

Bona

Edited by bonadjalins

Top tips indeed. The dog was excellent. Who was the big guy doing all the talking?

:crazy:

As a Channel diver, thank you for the advice, Sir !

I have just bought a 4'' fisheye dome port to keep close

to the subjects.

Sponsors

Advertisements