I just posted a five-minute short video from a recent dive trip to Raja Ampat in West Papua, Indonesia onto my website.

http://www.peterwalker.com/rajaampat.html

I was only in Raja Ampat for 3 days to shoot a promo video for a dive resort (see below). But, even in that short time, I came across an amazing amount of marine life. Rather than squeeze in lots of quick snippets of the myriad of creatures, for this short video, I just edited down to a few of the more impressive or colourful fish.

Raja Ampat really is a diver's paradise!

(And, if you want to dive the northern area from a very comfortable resort, I can recommend the Raja Ampat Dive Lodge which is, not only in the midst of the sites, but also has an amazing dive under its own jetty)

Regards

Peter

Shot with a GH4 in a Nauticam housing.

Edited by peterbkk
  • Like 2

For some reason, I wasn't able to connect to view your video.

Very nice Peter. Which lens did you use at Manta Sandy?

And did you use the Shogun on this trip?

For some reason, I wasn't able to connect to view your video.

I just checked and it is working. It's just a Vimeo video embedded in my site. The only place where I know that it doesn't work is in Indonesia as the government there banned all of Vimeo for some nudity in a few videos - not in mine.

Regards

Peter

Very nice Peter. Which lens did you use at Manta Sandy?

And did you use the Shogun on this trip?

I used the 7-14mm lens behind a Zen 170mm dome port.

No, this shoot was back in March but I did not get the Shogun housing until May - just used it for the first time last week in Lembeh. Superb!

Regards

Peter

I used the 7-14mm lens behind a Zen 170mm dome port.

No, this shoot was back in March but I did not get the Shogun housing until May - just used it for the first time last week in Lembeh. Superb!

Regards

Peter

Hi recd,

I thought some more about it and took a close look at the source video and now I think that I was using the 12-35mm f2.8 lens at Manta Sandy. I changed lens often on that trip but, if I remember rightly, earlier that day I was using the 7-14mm f4 to shoot interiors of the resort cottages so I took the 12-35mm lens diving. The 12-35mm has the advantage of super sharpness corner-to-corner and one extra stop. But, especially if the water is not clear, the 7-14mm is better for big stuff. Luckily, on that day, the viz was good so I could get back a meter or two from the mantas.

Regards

Peter

Sponsors

Advertisements