peterbkk

World Ocean Day

On world ocean day, please watch my video on why marine parks make economic sense:

http://www.peterwalker.com/marineparks.html

Please retweet or share on Facebook.

Edited by peterbkk

Thank you Peter! Can I ask how many places this has been shown since you created it in 2003? Have you been able to get it in front of any SE Asian governments or decision makers?

Cheers,

Steve

Hi Steve,

One minor correction, the video was made in 2013, not 2003.

In the last six months of 2013, we made 1,000 DVDs and had them delivered directly to key individuals in Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia and the Philippines. I picked those countries because they include a lot of the South-east Asian ocean and I already had contacts who were prepared to help distribute the DVDs to the target audience. The key individuals were Ministers for Environment, Tourism, Fisheries and Finance, Marine park organizations, dive resort / boat owners and other people (e.g. some university professors) who we thought might be able to influence leaders.

I have no idea if it has had any influence at all but it's one of those things that you just have to try.

Regards

Peter

Thanks Peter,

Absolutely love the idea and congratulate you for the outstanding effort. (I knew it was 2013, I just can't type)

I have a quote from Dr. Sylvia Earl on the front page of my personal website that we probably should adopt for the Fin Foundation.

" Far and away the greatest threat to the ocean and thus ourselves is ignorance, but we can do something about that"

Cheers!

Steve

<snip>

I have no idea if it has had any influence at all but it's one of those things that you just have to try.

Regards

Peter

Thank you for your efforts. It certainly can't hurt, and maybe just maybe it will help influence someone in power.

Sponsors

Advertisements