Has anyone used the Canon G16 to shoot underwater macro? It has an aperture value to only F/8. I could make it work, just looking for anyone who has experienced it. I will be using a macro conversion lens as well.

I don't use the G16, but know of at least one photographer whose work I admire alot who does. Due to the smaller sensor size, f8 should be fine.

I have been shooting the G16 in a Fantsea housing with a Subsea +10 and a sea and sea ys-d1. I've been loving it. I know you have to get closer than with some DSLR's etc.

I upgraded about 1 year ago from a Sealife dc1400 and began shooting manual and raw on the g16, for Christmas i received the Subsea+10 along with a L&M sola 800. I finally got my entire setup in the water for a good test last month in Dominica and I am very pleased with the results.

There are a lot of photos here the good and the not so good but you can get an idea

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.465762436931229.1073741831.460201417487331&type=1&l=81cb196d2b

The G16 is a great camera for macro. I still have the old G15 but thats pretty much the same lens etc. I find that for good macro shots a good strobe does wonders as well.

9cc4bec75e854264beb9f57550e1230e.jpg

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

Thanks....decided to go with the G7x. Can shoot TTL thru manual, among other things.

Sponsors

Advertisements