bmorescuba

EM-10 First Outing

OMD-EM10

Nauticam Housing

2x Sea & Sea YS-D1 strobes

Blue Heron Bridge. Riviera Beach, FL, USA.

Mainly shot the 60mm macro lens, but also put the 14-42 kit lens on for some shots of the divers on our trip.

Full gallery here:

https://flic.kr/s/aHskfjpjUB

It was my first time with the new EM10 setup and overall i'm quite pleased. I think, after years of trying, I might actually be starting to get close enough to these macro subjects. Of course, switching from an APS-C 60mm macro to a m43 60mm macro gave me a little boost, too.

post-24977-0-06149400-1435716333_thumb.jpg

post-24977-0-98371100-1435716333_thumb.jpg

post-24977-0-20621600-1435716538_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Your link wasn't working for some reason partner. This one should get us there; Brian's Flickr Set for the Bridge

I'm always amazed by the diversity around that little bridge, truly remarkable place. I love that you found a juvi high hat.

What a crazy place, cheers,

Steve

Hi,
Great gallery ! I like your pictures and your use of different ratios.

Did you shoot 3:2 in camera or crop while editing ?

I like 4:3 for portraits, just like the bandtail puffer in your teaser.

And I rarely find it pleasing in landscape.

Your profile shows you were using a 550D/T2i. So do I, and I am also

considering switching to m4/3, especially the E-M10 for housing size

and weight.

FanchGadjo,

Gotta update my profile! I loved the 550d and used it for years. I bought a used S&S housing, dome port, macro port, and lenses. But the overall physical size of the whole system just started to feel really burdensome for travel. So I sold everything, sold some other things on Ebay, and got the EM10 and a Nauticam hosuing. I kept the D1 strobes. I basically have the kit lens and then the Panasonic 8mm fisheye and the Olympus 60mm macro. But my main interest if macro. Overall, the whole system is so much lighter, smaller, and easier to deal with. I know that it's never going to be 100% of the quality capable with a full blown DSLR setup, but I have a long way to go before my skill level will exceed the EM10's capabilities.

I shot everything in RAW, so it was all in the 4/3 ratio. I decided to crop some of them to 3/2 just because it's easier for some prints and some of the crops looked better that way. I really enjoy the EM10 and have no regrets, though I do miss my trusty 550d on land.

I too find it cumbersome to travel with the 550D and aluminum housing !

Thank you for your feedback.

I do miss my trusty 550d on land.

Say no more ! ;)

• Like 1

Good pictures.. Nice to see someone else shooting the EM-10, 60mm macro is definitely on my list of next purchases

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Nice shots - more evidence on how great the site must be!

• Like 1

Sponsors

Advertisements