Sign in to follow this  
NWDiver

The Flying Snakes of Gili Manuk

Very Cool,

Thanks,

Oh, wow! What a sight that must be. They're everywhere and they're big. Magnificent footage! The monochrome still at 3:25 is very good too, I love the composition and sense of movement it captures.

The only time I have seen anything that comes remotely close is in Niue, where there are lots and lots of banded sea kraits, but they are smaller and tend to stay closer to the reef, except inside the sea caves where they swarm a bit. But your experience is a whole new level.

Crazy good and I don't normally like snakes. Well done!

Cheers,

Steve

i like the shot where the snakes swim into the diver legs and scare the heck out of him! hahaha

Mike you know that was me! I was trying to back up to get another shot of the group as I was waiting for the RX100 to recycle, damn point and shoots. We found them to be super sedate, a little curious but never threating. You can see the spot where one comes up behind me and I kick it. It just continued on, no big deal.

Not sure where the OP took the video, but one place for sea snakes is Manuk island (Manuk, Pulau Manuk, Maluku) in the Banda sea.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements