Rugani

Nauticam Na-EM1 and 45 degree viewfinder

Hi everyone, i am interested in using a 45 degree viewfinder with my olympus om-d em-1 in nauticam housing. Has anyone expierience with using one? I have a inon viewfinder at home, is it possible to use this with an Adapter, regards

armin

I have the 45 on my NA-EM1 housing, and love it. Small learning curve to get used to it but once you do it's hella easy. I love how I can get lower and shoot up easier. Worth the investment. Sorry I have no details about the Inon view finder. Best of luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have both the Inon and the Nauticam 45, you can easily get an adapter for the Inon to work with the nauticam housing. Never shoot anything other than the 45 any more.

Bill

is it right that i have to Change also the back window?

Is it easy possible to switch between the normal Viewer and the 45 degree?

Where can i find photos of the System?

Armin

I am also a big fan of the 45 finder and it is a great asset for macro. Yes, the back window needs to be replaced with a new one that has support for the 45 finder, it is around $240.00 US new. It is user replaceable and takes less the a minute.I am selling the window for the NA-EM1 housing if anyone in the US is interested , send me a PM.

post-2618-0-08244400-1439761387_thumb.jpg

Edited by Phil Rudin

Thanks Phil for the Picture. Good to see that there is somebody using the viewfinder in combination.

It Looks like that it makes sense to use only the viewfinder with this combination. The view to the backside Screen is not really possible.

On of my biggest Problems with the mft System is, that if you look through the viewfinder an take Pictures, then you easy loose your subject becouse of the Review.

I think here it would be the best to turn the Reviewfunction off.

Is it possible to Change the window on my own or do i have to send the housing to nauticam?

Is it possible to use also the normal viewfinder with the new backwindow?

It Looks like that the new backwindow has some metal on the top. Doesn´t this make Problems when Shooting with the backscreen and the normal viewfinder?

I often thougt, that a normal backwindow without viewfinder would also be really nice because it would be much easyier to look from above on the Screen.

Armin

While i'm not phil , i use the nauticam 45 deg on my nauticam house ,

I review mij pics thru the viewfinder , never thru the back-screen , with my eye site its not realy a good option to look at the backscreen.

You can change the window easy by yourself its locked in place by a o-ring as Phil writes one minute job , having said that for me it never comes of...

You cannot use the backscreen with a normal viewfinder , theres a big hole where the viewfinder goes thru, i take the orig window with me as back-up if i wanted to do that.

ps i love the nauticam its a little wider than the inon , i traded mine in for the nauticam one I see Bill writes that there is a adapter to mount the inon to the Nauticam house , a year ago i could not find such a adapter so check that out !!

Frank

I use the 45 degree finder for both macro and wide angle, it is excellent in macro for getting the lens low and on the same plain as the subject. I also review in the viewfinder and have the camera set to a one second review which is more than enough to see the histogram. I replace the 45 finder with the stock pickup finder for fast moving subjects like shark photography. The window has two O-rings, one that seals the window in place between the lucite and the housing, the other is installed from the inside of the housing to hold the window in place.

Great News!

Nauticam has now a 45° Viewfinder especially for MIL houses (#32205), now you don´t need to change the backwindow and save also a lot of money!

Bad news, my Na-EM1 is to old, the rearwindow does not work with the #32205.

So i have to buy anothet window.

does anybody know what is the number of the new lcd screen?

Is there s possibility to use thr Inon 45° viewfinder? Best wishes, Armin

Bad news, my Na-EM1 is to old, the rearwindow does not work with the #32205.

So i have to buy anothet window.

does anybody know what is the number of the new lcd screen?

Is there s possibility to use thr Inon 45° viewfinder? Best wishes, Armin

I had to buy the new window for my M10 housing too. It is not a "new LCD screen". It goes on the housing.

Ok, sorry, I ment the window! I think it must be possible to get a spare window where the 45 degree viwfinder and the standard viewfinder fits. What is the sparepart number. I only find the windoe for the dslr viewfinder.

Regards

Armin

P.S. You need to check this very carefully. The newest 45 deg finder (for MIL housings), 32205, does NOT fit the M10 housing, which is the same rear window as the M1 housing, if the thicker 17852 rear window is installed. You need the 45 deg finder for a non-MIL housing, i.e. the 32203, if you have the thicker rear window. I'm not sure what the 32205 fits, perhaps the rear window that comes with the housing?

Sponsors

Advertisements