Eitan Ben Tsvi

Diving trip to Batangas-Anilao+Poerto-Gallera.....few questions PLZ(my first one :))

Hi all

I want to book a diving trip to the :
> Batangas-Anilao
> Puerto-Galera
I am a photographer and It will be my first time at the philippines ....icosm14.gif

I want to point out that the service = focused on photographing?
is the most important thing for me ....!

Few questions to all the heavy cannon here icosm14.gif

1. I've heard that this year / 2015 is a dry season - at the philippines?
And I prefer to book my trip at the first week of september 9/8/15 to 9/18/15
6 days at Anilao + 5 more days at PG

2. is September 2015 a a risky date ? to combine this to sites ?
>> If No icosm14.gif and to your opinion, September it is ok/GREAT at 2015 ?
what should I expect as a photographer, the locals diving teams/ club attitude will be.....as offseason? or as any season ( important! )
>> If YES - and september 2015 is too risky season to book a diving trip to this 2 sites together?
What would you advise the nearest date can be?

3. At Batangas-Anilao - I have heard about " Club Ocellaris " Diving + accommodation
>> Has anyone tried it / can recommend ?
>> Looking for contact name and email ?
( weird thing there are no contact info at there site and no prices at tripadvisor)

At Poerto-Gallera I have heard about Atlantis Dive Resorts
>> Has anyone tried it / can recommend ?

4. Any other tips or thoughts will be much appreciated

Many thx

Edited by yaronad

I can only speak to a couple of items on your list. As I haven't been to PG. Anilao is one of my favorite places. However September is still a risky time there for weather...normally October/November to May is the safe time.

As for club O. Been there twice. It is a great place, with great guides. Although, getting a hold of them can be tough. I recommend trying through their Facebook account. They have enough repeat business, they aren't too focused on gaining new clients. If that doesn't work out. There are other places that are good as well, like crystal blue.

As a side, I have done Atlantis resort in dumaguete and it was great. I am sure pg will be similar.

Dustin

• Like 1

September is indeed a risky month to plan a trip in the Philippines. It has nothing to do with wet or dry years, tropical storms can happen anytime and are more likely from August - October. You will probably be OK but there is always a chance of bad luck. If you want to be 99% sure, come in November - May.

However, one of the great things about Anilao is that you can find diveable sites in all but the very worst weather. Diving year round is likely (we have been going to Anilao every month of the year for over 10 years and i can count on one hand the number of times we have not been able to get in the water). The vis might suffer but if you're shooting macro that doesn't matter.

As for resorts, please search here, there has been a lot of advice. In addition to Club O and Crystal Blue, Acacia is very much oriented to photographers. Dive Solana does a good job too.

In my opinion, there isn't much advantage to combining Anilao and PG. They are close together and the dives and marine life are almost identical, with more diversity in Anilao. The only reason to go to PG is if you are looking for a more social place with restaurants and (sometimes dubious) nightlife. Neither are present in Anilao.

Alternatives with more variety include Dumaguete and Apo Island, Bohol, Coron (wrecks), and Malapascua (sharks). Other divers have their favorites, i am sure.

• Like 1

I Always feel that even in december there are a little bit less critters than in Febr- may.

If you come for a once in a lifetime i would look at these times but only last december was a total wash-out , bad visibility and rain all day .

Club ocellaris replayed from this e-mail adres in june : jsvenus@gmail.com i've been looking at diving with them but wil go someplace else ( been in Anilao 5 times in 2 years so a change is good maybe )

Club Atlantis is for sure good its also the most expensive...

Have fun,

Frank

• Like 1

As an alternative in Anilao, consider Crystal Blue as already mentioned. Mike Bartick is either an partial owner or in the management chain (or both). He's a well known pro photog and has a lot of influence on how the place is run. It's really set up for UW photogs. One of the best camera rooms I have ever seen.

Four (or fewer) divers to a boat with a guide. And the guides are excellent.

Mike does periodic dedicated photo trips/classes and is an excellent instructor if that works with your schedule.

The only downside is that the only spaces that are air-conditioned are the guest rooms and the camera room, if that makes any difference to you. Not sure it that's the standard in that area as I have not stayed anywhere else in Anilao.

Have only been there in April/May timeframe and conditions have been excellent.

PM if you want more info.

Harry

Edited by divengolf
  • Like 1

Sponsors

Advertisements