juli0o0

Sony Rx100II, what gear to get for beginner?

I own a Sony RX100II with a Meikon UW case (www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00TJSVSVE/ref=ox_sc_act_title_4?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A12LB5MEUIY3R7)

Keep in mind that I am totally a new beginner in UW photography.

Gear I am thinking of buying at first:

Strobe:

Sea&Sea YS-03 (www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PL58M0E/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1FQLMYBVOU9LM)

Arm:

Meikon 8"/22cm Aluminum 1"Ball and YS Head Adapter (www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PC74L1A/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=AQ8OKFKGYBQUR)

Clamp:

1" Ball Clamp (www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OB2H78G/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A12LB5MEUIY3R7)

Lenses:

Any idea on macro and wide lenses that fit the 67mm thread of the MEIKON case

Gear for further on:

Aluminum Tray/Grip (www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PGQSO6K/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A12LB5MEUIY3R7)

Another Strobe, Arm and Clamp as listed earlier.

Anyone have tips on what gear to buy first, not to buy?

Please let me know, it will be much appreciated.

Edited by juli0o0

Lenses:

Any idea on macro and wide lenses that fit the 67mm thread of the MEIKON case

Let me suggest a bit of caution here. I had a Meikon case for a Canon G15 and it had a 67mm thread, however it was not done quite right and allowed cross threading and was difficult to get a lens threaded onto it. I dropped two lenses this way having them fall off in surf or while swimming. One I recovered, one I did not. So make sure it's secure.

That said, any of the lenses discussed for the RX100 should be good choices, which housing you have does not matter. (I'm not a RX100 owner, so I can't give you specific advice, but you might check out the backscatter.com article on the RX100 series.)

Sponsors

Advertisements