Eitan Ben Tsvi

Why Sony A6000 - didn't become the " main/most" importent camera line... amoung the top hosing brands?

Don't you think that it is weird ?
I mean it is by far one of the most cost effective cameras + by far one of the best cameras in the market!
How come that :
Nauticam : developed a basic - "not been focused on"....housing
like they developed for the Olympus M1 = a much better housing, or even the GH4
SEA&SEA : a JOKE Housing with poor port solutions ? .
Shouldn't you expect : that a mirrorless camera - that cost only 650$ ?
and is beating many other DSLR cameras? - become a best seller - especially underwater?
Edited by yaronad

Sony cameras have great IQ but lots of people hate the ergonomics but what's most important there is no good fisheye lens solution and until now sketchy macro lenses expensive and problematic. I looked into the A6000 but those issues put me off.

Triggerfish

I find the Nauticam housing for A6K with their port system very good....

• Like 1

Took 90mm out today for hiking. Very fast the camera is out there

A6000 is a great camera,. But I didn't keep mine.

A big A6000 issue for me is the lack of menu/button to turn the flash off once you pop it up.

On land, you need to close the flash manually. Not a big deal. But no-can-do underwater.

Work around is to to turn your strobes off manually.

And the lens are huge when compared to M4/3 !!!

Not much point to a small mirroless body when you're still using APSC sized lens ;-)

Starfish, the Nauticam A-6000 housing has a control to pop up the flash in the event you forgot to do that before closing the housing and also to retrace the flash in the event you want to do that during the dive.

Wide angle is covered with the Ziess 12mm and the 10-18 F/4 both supported with ports. I was not all that impressed with the 16mm with fisheye converter and some feel that the Ziess macro offering is expensive V. the rest of the system. Regarding lens size v. M43 the lenses will always be bigger just as they are with mirrorless APS-C v. full frame mirrorless. The big difference is that the ports remain smaller v. DSLR ports, I.E. 180mm port on full frame for 16-35mm zoom v. 230mm port for same zoom range on full frame DSLR.

Sync speed of 1/160th is behind the curve compared to Olympus 1/320th and excellent lens line.

• Like 2

Yes but the 12mm wide angle...needs to be modified in order to place in a proper port. I love my 10-18 more than the 12mm though

Sponsors

Advertisements