matt215

Lembeh or Ambon

trying to decide between Lembeh and Ambon for next dive trip. Been to Lembeh but not Ambon. Would like to try something new, but Ambon seems harder to get to.

Anyone been to both? What are pros and cons of each?

Edited by matt215

Been to both. Both are good for macro, but personally I'd think there is a lot more diversity in Lambeh. There is some reef diving in Ambon, but it's a bit of a boat ride away, if I recall; for reef/wall, I think I would just take a few days off from Lambeh and go to Bunaken/Bangka. Another thing I like about Lambeh is that eth resorts are _much_ nicer (better living, camera rooms, much better food)..

cheers

ajay.

I have been to both. Both are mostly muck with some reef. Both require two days of travel from the States. I personally like both, but I also like Anilao. It too is muck with some reef but is only one day of travel from the States. Ambon you will see rhinopia and possibly a psychedelic frogfish. Lembeh there are no psychedelic frogfish, but more diversity in critters than Ambon. Anilao is about the same as Lembeh critter wise. I stay at Maluku in Ambon, KBR in Lembeh and Acacia in Anilao. They are all comfortable with good food, Acacia is a step up from Maluku and KBR both in rooms and food. Another good resort in Anilao is Crystal Blue.

I would suggest you dive all three, they are all great dive locations. Ambon and Lembeh in the Fall, Anilao in the Spring

Elmer

Sponsors

Advertisements