Sign in to follow this  
jsmithNW

Clear Lake, Oregon

Here are a few photos from a recent dive at Clear Lake, Oregon. The lake is just above 3000 ft and quite cold. Generally the visibility is absurdly good. We were there during some sort of seasonal algae bloom so it was a bit compromised but still very clear.

Shot with a Panasonic GH4, Lumix G 8mm lens, Nauticam Housing, natural light.

19954466175_ba3cd393b5_c.jpg

19928231586_3477670da9_c.jpg

19333492343_374953e9ce_c.jpg

19767783409_7599ee3592_c.jpg

Edited by jsmithNW
  • Like 1

Thanks for posting. I have always wondered what it would be like to dive Clear Lake since visiting there almost 20 years ago. I don't own a drysuit, so I'll never find out. But hiking around the lake ranks up there for the most beautiful days I've spent in Oregon.

Thanks for posting. I have always wondered what it would be like to dive Clear Lake since visiting there almost 20 years ago. I don't own a drysuit, so I'll never find out. But hiking around the lake ranks up there for the most beautiful days I've spent in Oregon.

Triggerfish, I dove in a semi-dry suit. It was "tolerable" for about 30 minutes. The people with drysuit/gloves were in much better shape that I was. The water seeped into my hood a few times and it was pretty unbelievable. It's a pretty unique place and worth the trouble if you are in the area.

Nice shots! Is there a shop in the area you dived with, or just drove out there?

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements