Swordfish

Question about DS125 current load

Hi, I'm trying to recondition my DS125 NiMH battery packs. I need to know how much current (amperes) the strobe uses. I know that it uses 6 Sub-C cells in series for a total 7.2 nominal volts. I've checked the manual but it doesn't say how many amperes. It does say its energy rating is 110 watt-sec. Thanks a lot.

I think that there is no simple answer to how much current the strobe will draw since it it probably a constant voltage charging circuit and the current draw will depend a bit on how depleted the capacitor is after firing. You could probably instrument something to figure out the current draw but why do you really care?

Bill

I think that there is no simple answer to how much current the strobe will draw since it it probably a constant voltage charging circuit and the current draw will depend a bit on how depleted the capacitor is after firing. You could probably instrument something to figure out the current draw but why do you really care?

Bill

I'm trying to determine the useable capacity by discharging the pack at its actual load current. Thanks.

Edited by Swordfish

Nimh are charged with constant current. My chargers say it puts in 2 A. You don't need to discharge by the same I would say.

Edited by Cerianthus

Sponsors

Advertisements