Sign in to follow this  
The_Norwegian

Sony RX100 or Gopro...

So, I've been diving with my gopro 4 and 2off sola 1200's for a while now, and I really enjoy the post dive "work" of video editing. So I'm now considering moving it one step further and get something that could give me some better quality video's. I live in Norway, so most of my dives are in dark and murky water with max 5-8meter viz. So getting something that can handle "darkness" is important. My question is simply, will the rx100 be a step up? Will it give better video Quality? And if so, which rx100 mk should I get? Is mk 2 better than 3 for video? Or are there any other good options for shooting video that doesn't involve selling the dog and wife?

All feedback is appreciated...

I would try the Panasonic LX100.

It is pretty good at low light/high ISO.

Adam

The RX100's do pretty well for video, and work great under water with wet lenses. Which version is best for video I'm not sure, but the most recent (IV) shoots 4K and gets very good reviews. If you're shooting with video lamps and at best moderate vis anyway, extreme high ISO performance becomes relatively moot. For stills, the resolution on the Rx100s and greater depth of field at a given aperture (and very competitive performance up to an ISO of 1600 at least) mean I would still prefer it over the LX100.

Thanks for feedback!

There are so (to) many choices...Probebly I cant go wrong with RX100...but there are some other cams that get good reviews as well. Is the RX100 complicated to use in video mode?

I'm still waiting for a revelation from the underwater video god saying "this is what you shall by and No doubt about it"....

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements