james

Member Photos

head or hat??

very funny Mike!

the hat only stayed on for two frames. The guy I handed the camera to was a bit slow and as soon as I exhaled the air entered the hat and it went to the surface. and according to the boat crew, where it actually popped up and held its shape for a moment. I have done these shots for others and now I include a chin strap.

Thats alright, i did a self portrait once with a santa hat and no mask. Put the mask on my arm and took a couple of shots. Then i went to put the mask back on...oops...no mask...

Of course i was on my own at the time...what a pain looking around for your mask underwater by yourself.

Talk about your bonehead manouver...

I get very few pics of myself, I usaully have the camera.

Diving is fun especially when you get to do multiple dives a day.

post-1734-1132454458_thumb.jpg

New member here,

Sans Camer and housing at the moment, hope to soon rectify that :)

This is me topside

DSCF0590Small.jpg

And me again, with the yellow fins.

DSCF01641Small.jpg

Underwater

me.jpg

Arrghhhh, he's following me!

Now then, another cute girl in a photo with you....Lychee.... :)

Hehe, hey Mike!

It seems that my dive buddies always end up being female... hmm what's up with that?

Not that I'm complaining, :( .

Next step is to convince them to be underwater models for me.. B)

one picture on my profile <--

this past summer at my internship at a fish hatchery in miami...post-5530-1133308598_thumb.jpg

this past summer at Cocos Island shooting a bait ball... we came up from a dive and saw all these birds, I still had somewhere over 1500 psi but they wouldnt let me get in.. go figure. i ended up taking the dome port off and shooting with my housing and strobes off the back of the boat. fun stuffpost-5530-1133308832_thumb.jpg

still at Cocos...post-5530-1133308960_thumb.jpg

An two of me from my last trip in Dahab.

No underwater Photo.

No one have take a photo off me while underwater :-(

First is one in the desert with a friend

1.jpg

the second with 2 Russian freedivers.

2.jpg

Is great to be a freediver ;-)

Show off James ??

what are you saying, I dont get it.. (My english is not good) :-(

If you mean the girls.. of cource I put a photo with girls.. I dont think that you whant to see a photo with my grandmother....

Lambis

kcf955 aka Keith Flood

Here I am taking photos of someone taking photos of me because there were no Great whites to shoot :lol: ...

kcf955uw.jpg

Back aboard the Searcher, October 2005, as you can see I love having my photo taken :lol: ...

kcf995aw.jpg

ok, then, this is me. dive location - island Lastovo in the south Adriatic, first days of june, so a bit cold... pictures UW were taken without a strobe (since I didn't have one at the time).

on the first picture is just me :)

post-7860-1163353546_thumb.jpg

second - me (far right) and my friends doing the inventarisation of flora and fauna together with me

post-7860-1163353699_thumb.jpg

third - dry land, after the night dive with my diving buddy Marina (she's on the right)

post-7860-1163353735_thumb.jpg

so far, i've been diving only in the adriatic sea so i envy you diving withous suits. oh how i envy you :)

you should see me after getting into 7mm suit... on dry land, preparing for night dive

post-7860-1163353893_thumb.jpg :D

Buga

James:

I have rejoined the discussion here. Part of what prompted me to do so was Drew Wong's posting about our friend Larry Smith. I dived with Larry Smith several times, first at KBR in 1997. What a guy! I had never met anyone as excited about the next dive as he was and (so far) never have. He was truly one of a kind.

I would like to correct something that Drew Wong posted. Larry's Crack, or Retak Larry was not named after Larry Smith. Larry Smith has a large legacy, while I have very little except that Larry's Crack was named for me. I hope that nothing in this comment/correction takes away from our mutual mourning the passing of Larry Smith.

I have attempted to add a couple of photos. If I wasn't successful please let me know.

post-9497-1174936397_thumb.jpgpost-9497-1174936502_thumb.jpg

Larry Jackson (LJax)

I'm Ron and I work at Sports Basement where some of Eric Cheng and Elijah Woolery's pictures are being displayed.

In April 2006 I went on a night dive in Kona, Hawaii. We were hoping to spot some manta rays but the dive master said that the past couple of nights they hadn't been showing up. We were just about to give up when seven absolutely beautiful mantas showed up to munch on the plankton that were attracted to the boat's lights. We grabbed our gear and hopped in as the mantas swam all around and between us. The videographer, Martina from Dolphin Dreams Images, went around filming everyone. As soon as her two spotlights hit her target, the mantas would immediately surround the person. When she got to me, one came in right between us. As it glided past, the tip of its wing popped my mask up to my forehead and as Martina put it later, "...and all of a sudden I see face."

She was kind enough to send me some screen captures and Michaela asked me to post them. Sorry about the grainy quality.

post-24287-1239005390.jpg

post-24287-1239005458.jpg

Just joined Wetpixel and very excited to share my extensive Great White Shark photography with the community. I lead my 18th expedition on September 16th to Guadalupe Island with "Team Extreme!"

HI everybody,

I am PADI MSDT instructor , i am fan of scuba diving , recently i start to read and learn more about underwater photography , hope to learn from you guys . me next step is to purchase my uw PHOTOGRAPHY EQUIPMENT FOR Nikon D7200.

NICE TO MEET YOU ALL.

Posted (edited)

A family photo from our January Curacao dive trip. I'm Mary, and obviously the only female in the photo.

We have been diving together as a family for 12 years and it has been a wonderful, albeit expensive, hobby.

i-LcrX99r-S.jpg

i-vmDtz9z-S.jpg

Edited by dubi
  • Like 1

Hello everyone,,,

Shots of Bruce Yates were taken by yours truly with crappy little Canon Rebel XT ;) He was lots of fun on this year's Shark Expedition and after that trip I'll bet he created a "checklist" for extension rings for his Seacam housing :angry:

Luckily I had a "spare" 77mm B&W diopter for him to try, although I think he stopped using it after seeing no big difference with his Canon 17-40L lens. Hmmm.....Maybe this combo didn't NEED the extension ring anyway!

Sorry to be off topic, just recalling lots fun getting close to sharks. 

New member here! I mainly do sports photography. Had the opportunity to shoot an Olympic swimmer last year with my Nauticaml 5D Housing. Don't usually do a ton of underwater though :)