50fathom

Ideas/suggestions for Olympus E-PL3/PT-EP05L

Morning boys and girls,

Just recently I purchased an Olympus E-PL3/PT-EP05L combo, using the kit 14-42mm lens, with a PTMC-01 macro lens, locline arm/tray system and a sola 1200 light. Looking forward to shooting with this setup and getting into the world of a more serious underwater shutter bug role, as up to now I have been using a Canon P&S system, with decent results mind you, but nothing compared to SLR standards.

I am looking to add more light to the setup, either via another sola 1200 route or 2 new iTorch Pro6+ lights - sadly, funds are the determining factor at the current time. Any other suggestions? Ideas? Strobes would be a nice option, but I'd also will be using it for video, so need somethign that would cover both spectrums.

Also would like to add a wide angle lens. So far the contenders are

1. Inon UWL-H100 28M67 Wide-angle
  2. Ikelite W30 Wide Angle Lens
  3. Olympus PTWC-01 Wide Conversion Lens

From my research these wide angle lenses all promise similar results in terms of magnification and field of view, with the added bonus of the Inon offering a dome.

Any users out there of this setup with the barebone setup? Does anyone have any real world expereicene with the wide the above wide angle lenses? Suggestions/ideas?

As much as I would like to get the 9-18 lens with a Zen port, I have to keep things real for now, already have a few expensive hobbies, so need to curb the spending here.

Has anyone actually had success with add on WA lens on m4/3?

If I were you I'd just use what you have until such time as you can purchase a port/lens combo that fits your budget and makes sense.

I'm a big fan of the Zen port as it allows you to use 3 lens, 9-18, kit lens and 60mm macro.

If I were you I'd just use what you have until such time as you can purchase a port/lens combo that fits your budget and makes sense.

I'm a big fan of the Zen port as it allows you to use 3 lens, 9-18, kit lens and 60mm macro.

are you saying the wet wide angle lenses dont work with the micro 4/3s?

Edited by 50fathom

I don't have personal experience with it, but I seem to remember people trying to figure out a way to do it without any real success.

Search here and on scubaboard and see what you find.

People have had success with macro wet lens.

I started with an E-PL1, 14-42 lens, and the Olympus macro wet lens. To be honest, I never got good macro results with it as the wet lens did not seem to offer much more magnification. May have been operator skill though . . .

Regarding the lighting, you might be somewhat limited shooting macro with video lights, as it will be difficult to use small apertures for better depth of field. But certainly worth a try!

It seems that Nauticam is working on a new lens - not sure when it might be available:

http://wetpixel.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=56273&hl=

Sponsors

Advertisements