Sign in to follow this  
NWDiver

Drone Footage, totally not dive related but has water...

Have the Phantom 3 Pro and been playing with it. Got the ok to use it at a rowing race, a lot of concern about it bothering the athletes so kept it up high and no complaints, in fact a lot of requests for the footage from the rowers. Not a great pilot but the opening scene of the race venue is pretty amazing for such a little unit, imho.

The rest was shot with the Sony A7II and Tamaron 150-600mm.

https://vimeo.com/136468401

Edited by NWDiver

Just curious, what's the flight time on the Phantom 3? Thanks.

Thought about heading down the drone part but the uncertain regulation of flying drone make investing one is not that suitable for me now. If they require pilot license to fly, the industry will take a big dip. Have you travel with it internationally yet?

I have found at about 18mins in I get the 30% battery life warning. Given I am typically flying it over water, taking off and landing from small boats I start to bring it in then. You could probably go 25mins and be ok, depending on how far out you are flying it.

Moses I think they are going to get cheaper and better with time. We have not had a "big", meaning bad, event with one yet but it will happen. Then the legislation will start in earnest. Are they any more dangerous than your fellow skiers, bikers, paragliders, skydivers??? With these other hobbies if there is an accident it is typically with other people who are "accepting" the same risks or accidents that just involve the participant. How many times a day does someone on a bike ram into a pedestrian?? But since it is not sensational no reporting. The problem here is a drone hitting a school bus, getting sucked up by a jet...Of course I am responsible with flying mine;) it is the other guy and those "other guy" ranks are growing.

Edited by NWDiver

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements