Basil

Diving on the Red Sea Aggressor

Here are a few of the better pics from my recent liveaboard trip on the Red Sea Aggressor. I learned a LOT as I practiced, and I can't wait for the next trip, so that I can learn even more!

-Basil

20317659943_17490b488e.jpg

Egypt Red Sea (9 of 22) by Basil Kiwan, on Flickr

Scorpionfish - he was really well concealed!

20938676925_b145427eb9.jpg

Egypt Red Sea (14 of 22) by Basil Kiwan, on Flickr

I would love it if someone could tell me what this fish is. I assume it is some type of triggerfish??

20750728098_f12753b01b.jpg

Egypt Red Sea (7 of 22) by Basil Kiwan, on Flickr

Ehrenberg's Snapper schooling with some Goatfish

20946082401_8b0031e0a3.jpg

Egypt Red Sea (8 of 22) by Basil Kiwan, on Flickr

Blue Spotted Stingray

20751945829_010657e68a.jpg

Egypt Red Sea (10 of 22) by Basil Kiwan, on Flickr

I would also really like to know what this guy is? He is awfully cute, is he a baby grouper???

Here is the full album on Flickr

https://flic.kr/s/aHskizroyC

Edited by Basil

Hi Basil

Nice pics. Where were you in the Red Sea? If you get the chance, head down to the southern end: St John's and Furys. Really good down there.

The last pic is a Forster's Hawkfish - common in the Red Sea - otherwise known as Paracirrhites forsteri. 14 is an Orangespine Surgeon fish - Naso lituratus

I was on the southern itinerary of the Red Sea Aggressor, so I think we got to St John's. Thank you for the compliment, and for letting me know what my unidentified fish were!!! I updated my Flickr gallery with the species names.

Your second unknown fish is a Forster's Hawkfish: if you have a close-up you might see the characteristic fan at the end of each dorsal fin ray. They love to swim off just as you focus...

Edited by tdpriest

Sponsors

Advertisements