ajay

Any recommendations for Maldives Land based in Dec/Jan?

Hi folks,

Been doing a bit of research on this on this site and others, but I would really appreciate some wisdom. Looks like I may be able to make a quick journey to Maldives for some diving in late Dec/early Jan. Probably have no more than six days; so with two days taken in flights etc, should have four days to dive -- so liveaboard seem to be ruled out.

Ideally, would like to head to a resort near places with hammerheads, and maybe mantas. and if the resort has a house reef, that'll be nice since we may just go diving by ourselves to make the most of the meager four days.

Any advice?

Thanks!

Ajay.

Vilamendho in South Ari Atoll is good. Really nice house reef, good dive facilities and boats that go to manta sites. I've been there twice and can recommend it.

Thanks jander, Tim,

Vilamendhoo is looking interesting.. maybe no hammerheads, but mantas will keep us happy.

Ajay

Try http://www.asdu.com/ really cheap but have not personally been there.

I have stayed at Bandos Twice before and they have some reasonable rates and the house reef is really good. And i have also stayed at Reethi Beach BAA which is good.

Diggy

Edited by diggy

Helo dive budy!

My name is Walter i'm a dive center manager in the Island Resort Kandolhu, if you want to check our website. www.kandolhu.com or www.facebook.com/noovilu

kind regards.

Walter

Try http://www.asdu.com/ really cheap but have not personally been there.

I have stayed at Bandos Twice before and they have some reasonable rates and the house reef is really good. And i have also stayed at Reethi Beach BAA which is good.

Diggy

Thanks for the info diggy. Please, let me know wich diving club did you dive with in your stay in Reethi Beach.

Thanks for the info diggy. Please, let me know wich diving club did you dive with in your stay in Reethi Beach.

Here's the funny thing. Although i am from Mumbai, India the hotel had no rooms to sell directly. So i called Thompson Holidays in the UK and booked my entire stay which was 8 nights. They seem to pre-book most of the rooms. Hope that helps.

Diggy

Sponsors

Advertisements