Sign in to follow this  
bubffm

Sharm-el-Sheikh / Ras Muhammad Sony RX100 IV

Here a little movie that I did from our trip to Egypt in October.

Sony RX100IV in Nauticam housing with FixNEO DX3000 and INON UWL-100 Domeport (most clips). Most shot in 1080p , some in 4k. Wanted to do more 4k on the last day but a bug in my digestive system stopped me from entering the water :sick:

Overall coming form GoPro I still need to learn a lot but very much like the setup so far :-)

https://youtu.be/gEc_tMMnwRE

Cheers form Germany

• Like 2

Did you use the standard picture mode? The shots with the lights are good but the ambient light shots have a lot of block noise in the blue which is strange for the RX100?

I was mostly using Film-Mode in "P" setting. But I notice that the Youtube upload looks a lot worse than what I see on my 5k iMac and the original m4v file...

Edited by bubffm

What's film mode?

I guess its called "Movie" mode in English.

Movie mode with exposure P. Ok that means you were not using profiles

No. I definitely was not using profiles. Should I? I've done some shooting in Slog2 overwater but find monitoring underwater a real challenge due to the flat profile.

And as I said, I do get those blue blocks in youtube as well. I dont see them - certainly not to the same extent - when I play back the file locally. So maybe something went wrong during upload.

Edited by bubffm

Nice job. You capture the mood of it all really well.

There are many profiles not jus slog. Two of them are good to use without grading. I am testing PP3 and PP5

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements