Sign in to follow this  
tiswango

Taking an IkeLite past 200ft, How low will it go...

Now that the Oly C5050 is here and I'm learning a new language of icons I need to get ready to order the housing.

Ikelite will most likely get my business over the Tetra, but my sticky issue is that I would like to be able to take the housing to about 250ft.

As I understand it, the spring loaded buttons start to stick after a certain depth.

Tetra will upgrade the springs in their buttons to a "heavy duty" version. I have a reference of the Tetra housing going to 270ft without problem.

I was wondering if Ikelite had a similar option to increase the depth rating on their housings? I promise to ask nicely and would gladly pay an additional cost for the service. :)

Has anyone pushed an Ikelite housing past the 200ft mark? Perhaps it can do 250ft as designed?

Thanks,

--Matt

hello -

On a recent trip to Truk with my 5050 and Ike housing I had problems between 120 and 140 feet with the camera and the housing. Camera would hang up in WA mode or shut down.. Moving up to shallower depth 100feet everything started to work again.. Very weird. I also had problems with the new Titanium batteries that are being sold.. Went back to regular Duracell and everything was find..

M.

I've had my Ikelite housing for a Nikon CP-5000 below 250' on several occassions. It makes a few strange popping sounds on the way down, and the shutter release lever no longer lines up perfectly with the release button at depth, but it still takes great photos and never a drop of water after nearly 1000 dives over the past 2 years.

Doug

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements