Sign in to follow this  
Ben

Fog on a pygmee

Nice shot, Ben. It needs some contrast, so try boosting that in your photo editing program. Adjusting the levels (try auto levels in Photoshop) will give it some more snap, too. If too much, fade back the auto levels a bit. Not sure what to do about the "fog," but boosting the contrast will help the most, I think. Again, a nice piece of work!

Well, I ran it through Paint Shop Pro's "One Step Photo Fix", and this is what it returned.

Well, I ran it through Paint Shop Pro's "One Step Photo Fix", and this is what it returned.

How about like this? Just a very fast touch up using photoshop CS, so not very refine...

hippo.jpg

Thanks to you all.

I like your version Goondoo, that's far better than mine.

Which steps did you follow in PS?

Thanks to you all.

I like your version Goondoo, that's far better than mine.

Which steps did you follow in PS?

Glad to know u like it....

I did some manual leveling, decreased the HUE by 5, increased the saturation by about 20.... use blur to remove the uneven area....

decreased the HUE by 5

HUE?

decreased the HUE by 5

HUE?

yea, HUE. I dunno the exact term... maybe someone can advise?

Hue is the actual color. In PS, try going to Image -> Adjustments -> Hue/Saturation and playing a bit to see what it affects. Or, open the main color picker and click on the radio buttons for HSB and play with the values. Rather than working with RGB, HSB allows you to work with Hue, Saturation, and Brightness. Hue is the color; Saturation is the intensity of the color; B is the brightness of the color. Other apps may subsitute V instead of B, for value but it's essentially the same thing.

Here is my try at it with photoshop CS

I used the shadow/highlight tool and just adjusted the slider. Its one of my most favorite addons to CS over previous versions.

Tony

Sorry Herb Craig has got you. Craig you are a magician with the PS :shock:

I didn't do anything with the color enhancement , sharpening, etc...in my shot. Just emonstrating the highlight/shadow tool. Plus I had no idea what the actual color of this seahorse is.

Tony

Sorry Herb Craig has got you. Craig you are a magician with the PS :shock:

I think you're right. I think a little more sharpenning helps, but Craig's managed to show a little more detail in the highlights.

Back to tbe drawing board....

Unfortunately I use PS 7... I've heard many good things about this PS CS highlight/shadow tool.. maybe one day...

Craig, your sharpening is really good. What kind of parameters did you use?

To me Craig's version looks a little too sharp, almost unnatural. But definately nice :) You can get rid of almost all the background noise btw. There's some nice software to do that for you,

Cor

I agree with Cor, Craig's looks just a little *too* sharp, maybe dial it back a bit. I think he nailed the color and shadow detail though.

Hey all,

Late to the game...

I think Craig's version cropped vertically would look pretty good.

John

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements