J.Wal

Camera tether suggestions??

I use a spiral line tether like this. However, since I personally don't like tiny carabiners (they're a PITA to operate with thick three-fingers or drygloves), I've bought a large bolt snap (the same type that's used for rigging stage bottles) and switched the carabiner with it. I had to borrow my wife's sewing machine to fix it properly, though.The bolt snap goes onto my left hip D-ring, the other end of the tether goes on the bottom of my (Nauticam) tray. I've also tied another, standard sized, bolt snap to the top of my rig, and on shore entries it's clipped to my left shoulder D-ring. The whole rig hangs pretty much like a stage bottle.

That works for me.

They sell the ones with the brass bolt snaps, which is what I use on my compact setup (except mine has a clip instead of magnetic clasp). I put the split ring over the ball onto its neck before putting the ball clamp on, thus it comes on and off relatively easily.

"Also not a van of paracord underwater, deteriorates too quickly. Braided nylon will unravel as it softens up. Use non-braided line instead."

Cave divers disagree. No problem with braided line, just be sure and burn the ends to prevent unraveling. Lasts a LONG time.

Edited by tursiops

I use these: http://www.cetaceacorp.com/crl3hd.html

They are strong and you can clip the lanyard together to have your rig tight against your BCD.

This is the best option I have seen yet!

Thank you, may go with this due to lack of time to do a paracord setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use a spiral line tether like this.

I would recommend staying away from this type of coil. I lost a light in the atlantic due to the coil slipping out of the clip. The connection point is not perfect. The clip eyu uses looks a little safer. For me, i would rather make something where I know the knot is tied in well and no glue(or a knot and glue) is used to hold me camera.

Edited by marcw

Here's a photo of mine I found on my phone...very easy to make, just takes some time.

post-41454-0-19967700-1452612987_thumb.jpg

Here's a photo of mine I found on my phone...very easy to make, just takes some time.

Neat!

Sponsors

Advertisements