Hi

Because I had nothing better to do, I started a website some months ago.

Primarily to present my UW photo albums. But later I thought that it might also be a good idea to present some information and personal views about the UW photography world, collected from various media and persons.These sections are mostly 'eclectic' that is, based on pictures, ideas, notes or articles from eminent photographers that I found interesting or useful, I also tried to keep things simple, and not to get lnvolved in too technical issues, or to get lost in the labyrinth of ever changing UW photography hardware So long, I am happy with the numbers of visitors, but you would also do me a favour to give me your ‘likes’ Thanks!

see: www.albertkokuw.nl

Edited by albert kok
  • Like 1

Great website! I loved the picture on the home page.

Quick couple of questions about the Guadelupe trip - what lens did you use, was it Tokina 10-17 fisheye, or something longer? What boat where you on? I went there on the Aggressor boat a few years back. We had great diving, but terrible boat and crew. Aggressor dropped the boat since then, I think. Now I am thinking of going back and want as much info on boats working the area as possible.

Hi

I forgot the name of the boat...so dont take it (-; Three things went wrong with our trip 1) most of the sharks went to other boats in the line of boats anchored along the island 2) Our mexican guide spent most of his time playing games on his computer 3) the chumming device (a tube under the boat) constantly spread chum through the cage.

Yes, I took the Tokina which is OK because you can zoom between 10 and 17 mm. A small camera with a wide-angle lense and filter, no strobes would also be fine. And a thick suit!

I think Solmar V has a good reputation. The location as such is perfect, Have fun!

Edited by albert kok

One thing more about my website. The frontpage in meant to be a 'visitors window', Meaning that its dedicated to excellent pictures taken by friends or any interested visitor. Preferably uncropped good quality JPG pics. In principle I change pictures every five days. This was my todays frontpage choice: a great picture of a yellow pygmy seahorse that Robert Guild was to kind to share.See

www.albertkokuw.nl

Edited by albert kok

Hey Albert, thanks for featuring my photos on the front page and biology section!

(you might want to update the link in your last post though, it directs to SImpleSite, not your page)

Hi Robert. I changed it ! Thanks.

Edited by albert kok

One thing more about my website. The frontpage in meant to be a 'visitors window', Meaning that its dedicated to excellent pictures taken by friends or any interested visitor. Preferably uncropped good quality JPG pics. In principle I change pictures every five days. This was my todays frontpage choice: a great picture of a yellow pygmy seahorse that Robert Guild was to kind to share.See

www.albertkokuw.nl

Thanks Peter, I just updated my Biology blog with a short article on the hazards of free diving. And for this week I have a nice picture taken by Alan Egan of a Great Hammerhead from Jupiter to share on the frontpage. Cheers

http://www.albertkokuw.nl/424978583

Edited by albert kok

Hi guys

This week end I was happy to welcome my 15.000th visitor. The Frontpage, Sharks and Blog sections jumped out as highest. Thanks to you all and and stay posted!

Edited by albert kok

Pretty nice Albert. Started to follow you on Flickr as well.

• Like 1

a nice website Albert! Which also got me interested in the solution you use (simplesite). I'd have some questions if you don't mind:

-Do you they charge you anything? I counn't find any fees on their own website?

-Have you managed to use any web analytics solution in conjunction with your website? I mean thekind of report about who uses you website (how many visitors, from where, where do they click, most popular articles or photos, etc)?

cheers

Nicolas

They charge you a small amount per month.. I am happy with them so far.. ..better check with them directly

Cheers

Hi

I just finished an E-book, under the title 'Under Water: Notes and Observations from the World under the Waterline'. Its a 'put together' of all the notes I wrote in my Blog section in the last year. If you are interested in a copy, send me an Email, and I'll send you in return the PDF file as enclosure.

Best,

Albert

Edited by albert kok

Hi

I just finished an E-book, under the title 'Under Water: Notes and Observations from the World under the Waterline'. Its a 'put together' of all the notes I wrote in my Blog section in the last year. If you are interested in a copy, send me an Email, and I'll send you in return the PDF file as enclosure. I enclose the Contents, to give you a hint of what it is about..

Best,

Albert

post-7335-0-11772500-1471028298_thumb.png

Hi

I just finished an E-book, under the title 'Under Water: Notes and Observations from the World under the Waterline'. Its a 'put together' of all the notes I wrote in my Blog section in the last year. If you are interested in a copy, send me an Email, and I'll send you in return the PDF file as enclosure. I enclose the Contents, to give you a hint of what it is about..

Best,

Albert

Even better perhaps is this link to the flip book version: http://online.anyflip.com/fgqk/yntc/ Enjoy!

Edited by albert kok

Hi

Best,

Albert

Even better perhaps is this link to the flip book version: http://online.anyflip.com/fgqk/lemz/ Enjoy!

Hi

Best,

Albert

Even better perhaps is this link to the flip book version:http://online.anyflip.com/fgqk/aanm/ Enjoy!

Hi

Best,

Albert

Even better perhaps is this link to the flip book version:http://online.anyflip.com/fgqk/aanm/ Enjoy!

Hi

This is an update (hopefully the final) of my E-book, With some better links you can use. http://anyflip.com/fgqk/pjwp. This shows the flip book as well as a button to download the PDF file. For only the flip book use: http://online.anyflip.com/fgqk/pjwp/

Perhaps the moderator can delete alle prior notifications? Thanks.!

I hope the modertaor can skip prior posts

Edited by albert kok

Sorry but the download options via the Internet have now expired. Drop me a mail if you are still interested in receiving a PDF file of the updates.

Edited by albert kok

Sponsors

Advertisements