J.Wal

Suggested video editing software

I just picked up a Sony RX100 M2 and it does both video and stills. I want to be able to edit length, stitch together videos, add music and maybe some text to the videos. Just looking for a software that would be very user friendly for this.

I plan to mount a GoPro or similar to the top of my Nauticam housing so I have constant video of my dives to edit down.

Thanks for the advice! Y'all are always great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HI

Are you using a Mac? If so it might be worth a try with iMovie and Garageband to start off and see how that goes.

And you may already be familiar with the GoPro editing software which is free - and my partner produces pretty good video with it and quite quickly.

Just a couple of thoughts

I am using Windows 10, sorry, should have put that info out in the first post.

I don't have a GoPro yet. Just my Sony, but plan to get one eventually.

Got several videos from my camera I would like to upload and work on now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I spent a lot of time searching for "iMovie equivalent for Windows" to try and find something for my Dad to use without much luck. I'd be interested to know what you discover.

I'm using Pinnacle Studio, which works pretty well and isn't terribly expensive. I have tried a couple of the other programs (I'd have to look to see which ones those were, Corel Video Studio and something from Roxio, as I recall), but came back to Pinnacle Studio for my most recent project. I'm certainly not the expert that some of the folks here are, and this one is easy enough for me to get good results from.

I think Adobe Premiere Elements is a pretty good basic video editor for Windows users and not too expensive...

Adam

I think Adobe Premiere Elements is a pretty good basic video editor for Windows users and not too expensive...

Adam

I agree Adam, for a good and easy to use Windows solution, Premiere Elements is a very good choice.

Edited by focker

Why not use the free GoPro Studio to start with?

It will accept your RX100 footage easily and will give you a good starting point for editing, before moving onto something better.

As a mac user, is garage band the best free software to edit UW videos ? What would be the best / cheapest software to edit the white balance ? I couldn't find it in garage band.

Thanks for the help.

As a mac user, is garage band the best free software to edit UW videos ? What would be the best / cheapest software to edit the white balance ? I couldn't find it in garage band.

Thanks for the help.

Garage Band is NOT a video editing program, iMovie is what you want to edit with on a Mac.

Yeah, the Garage Band was for sound and music....

If you have an iPhone or iPad you can get an app called LumaFusion for around $20 that can do everything you need (within the usual IOS restrictions). The colour correction is decent but not as powerful as Davinci Resolve obviously. As a workaround, I graded some clips in Resolve and saved the grade as a LUT (or filter if you like) and imported the LUT into LumaFusion. You can adjust the strength of the LUT if it's too strong/red. Anyway here is a sample of what I do grade wise:

EDIT: Just to mention, a regular iPad (not a pro) or iPhone can handle 4k60 H.265 footage no problem and it can export 4k at 150mbps max.

Edited by brousseb

Sponsors

Advertisements