Sign in to follow this  
J.Wal

Deal or wait?

I have a dive buddy that has offered to sell me a Inon-Strobe-S2000-STTL for $200. It's not new but in working condition. Not sure how old it is.

I have a Sony RX 100 M2 in a Nauticam housing, and currently only have one handle and one arm with a 1800 lumen video light on that arm. I have done a little reading on strobes and know I can get a Sea and Sea for a little over $400 I believe.

I have a dive trip coming up first week of February and will be my first time under water with my camera setup.

I know a flash is needed to really make some good photos, my question is, will this strobe do good for macro and distant subjects? Eventually I hope to have a wide angle and a macro for the camera.

Any input is welcomed. I am a newby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a dive buddy that has offered to sell me a Inon-Strobe-S2000-STTL for $200. It's not new but in working condition. Not sure how old it is.

I have a Sony RX 100 M2 in a Nauticam housing, and currently only have one handle and one arm with a 1800 lumen video light on that arm. I have done a little reading on strobes and know I can get a Sea and Sea for a little over $400 I believe.

I have a dive trip coming up first week of February and will be my first time under water with my camera setup.

I know a flash is needed to really make some good photos, my question is, will this strobe do good for macro and distant subjects? Eventually I hope to have a wide angle and a macro for the camera.

Any input is welcomed. I am a newby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You'll do fine with that strobe for macro, but it is not really enough light for wide-angle. Youll want at least two strobes for WA, and likely bigger/stronger. Not sure which S&S you are thinking of for $400....used, YS-D1 maybe? Two of those is probably your entry requirement for WA. The $200 for the S2000 is good deal, and will certainly be easy and fun to use for macro.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements