Sign in to follow this  
EXTREME

SUBAL ND5 HOUSING!

SUBAL is the first worldwide to present the NIKON D5 housing!
Since 1954 SUBAL has been pioneering the development of underwater equipment to answer to the underwater photographer's needs. The SUBAL ND5 is the latest innovation in our product line.

More info soon. Expected delivery time end of February 2016!

post-12935-0-07664500-1453301347_thumb.jpg

post-12935-0-90021400-1453301359_thumb.jpg

Edited by EXTREME

WOW!!!! It looks like it will have fiber optic ports. I wonder how this will be triggered. Has Subal come out with a fiber optic trigger, if so is it TTL??

Elmer

how would they be able to ship a new housing end of february when the new camera is only to be released in March? In my experience it takes them several months after the< get their hands on a new camera...so expect this for the summer at earliest!

And the fiber optic ports??? there is no pop up flash on the new D5, so how to trigger???

what a bull!

I believe that Housing makers get preproduction cameras to work with. Nikon has to know that available housings will stimulate sales.

Housing manufacturers do not get advanced previews of new camera models! The underwater market is so tiny compared to the camera market in general that we don't even warrant a thought.

Most of the time, the manufacturers use CAD to use try and estimate how the housings will be and prepare prototypes so that once the cameras ship they can ship quickly thereafter.

I guess that Subal may have one of their pros that did some pre production testing of the D5 and were able to get the crucial measurements off of it. Obviously, they have managed to get their hands on one of the very few Nikon prototype D5s! Predrag?

maybe this is the tricky button?

post-1726-0-16603500-1456503065_thumb.jpeg

besides, I am counting 5 pressing levers on the right side....busy right handed indeed!

Looks nice. I have the inside part (a D5), just need the outside (a housing).

Alex

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements