JustinBeevor

New Sony a6300 - new housing?

http://www.dpreview.com/news/3240829197/sony-announces-24mp-a6300-mirrorless-camera?utm_campaign=internal-link&utm_source=mainmenu&utm_medium=text&ref=mainmenu

At last, now I can start to make up my mind about my NEX-6 upgrade choice, and the fast autofocus looks great.

But one strange downside for me is that it looks like the a6300 should drop straight into the a6000 housing - the only noticeable differences look like the AEL button with its new AF/MF toggle surround, and the menu button moved ever so slightly to the left. As a current NEX-6 owner, I need a new housing anyway, so I'm hoping for similar advances that mark Nauticam's new EM10 mkII housing, with the handle stiffeners and shutter release extension. But if the new camera will fit the old housing, I wonder if these will be introduced for the new Sony?

Just a thought, Mr Lai ... please!!

Edited by JustinBeevor

A6300 is actually a few mm thicker than a6000 so I doubt any existing housing for A6000 will fit A6300. Nevertheless, Mr Lai should be busy developing new housings for A6300, along those for Nikon D500, D5, Canon 1Dx.

Thanks Mark. A little bird has told me that there will certainly be a new housing for the 6300.

Justin Beevor

www.flickr.com/justinbeevor

Well,

It’s a great idea if you are planning to switch to Sony A6300 mirrorless. Buy seeing the specification of this camera I am eagerly waiting for its arrival. I love photography but apart from that my hobby is to collect camera for my living room.

Sony A6300 key features:

· Max resolution 6000 x 4000

· Effective pixels 24 megapixels

· Sensor size APS-C (23.5 x 15.6 mm)

· Sensor type CMOS

· ISO Auto, 100-25600, expandable to 51200

It should be a more capable mirrorless from Sony. Given its relative small size...all sorts of housings are welcome

Sponsors

Advertisements