Sign in to follow this  
mfrymus

Sony RX100 i vs iii vs iv

I have also been saving up for a new full frame camera, but I'm still indecisive whether the Sony A7II / AR7II is worth it or with one of the Canon 5D cameras.

With a gig coming up in about 2 months, I don't want to feel pressured into an expensive rig and regretting it down the road. So I'll think about it some more.

In the mean time, I've been thinking of using my RX100 instead for the underwater photography job I have coming up.

It will be a lot of wide angle photography of divers. Taking photos of first time divers and also experienced divers in the ocean.

I've been wondering if the RX100 would be sufficient / better for Wide & Macro photography compared to the RX100 iii / iv

Price is not a problem. Not much of a difference. But the mk. iv is a bigger jump.

The RX100 iii / iv has faster lenses
Its wider, which is good, I would need wide, but heard it may not be good as wide angle lenses are better on 28mm than 24mm

Anything other pros/cons?

Worth the upgrade or stay with the mk.i? - If so, which?

*Will not be using it for video*

RX100 i + Recsea UW Housing + Wide angle wet lens (Undecided - UWL-04 Fisheye or WA-100 + Dome)

RX100 iii / iv + Nauticam UW Housing + WW-1

Either will have a (1-2x) +7 or +10 diopter for macro.

Either will have (2x) Sea & Sea YS-D2 strobes

Edited by mfrymus

Rx100 mark I is fine for stills. For wide angle the UWL-04 requires f/8 or smaller consider a different option if budget allows

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements