Sign in to follow this  
Brumpy

lX100 or RX100

I am looking to buy one of those 2 lovely cameras for a compact video set up, nauticam have housings for both of them (i love nauticam) so can some people with experience convince me why or not to buy the sony or panasonic?

Looking forward to your comments, thanks in advance.

In my opinion the LX100 is a better video camera for underwater. If shoots 4K video without the limitations of recording time in the RX100IV. Though you probably will not need to record longer than 5 minutes in one clip. The LX100 is actually good at white balancing under water, the RX100 not so much. The larger sensor with a lower megapixel count in the LX100 gives it better low light performance, an important feature for underwater video.

In my experience LX100 is pretty bad in low light performance particularly after manual white balance underwater, iso 800 is just barely usable.

definitely the RX100 I have had both and sold the LX100

4K is a bit overrated the RX100 has a nice 50 Mbps HD with picture profiles that does wonders

Plus the port system for the LX100 is painful

So we have a 2-1 score for the sony on the moment!

Interceptor, what is better on the port system with the RX100 in the Nauticam housing?

And wicht ports are the best to buy with the system?

Thanks allready.

See the result for yourself. Everybody have different preference in term of how they want to handle the camera. Just choose one in your price range, watch as many sample video as possible:

https://youtu.be/cPe-o7tjtuQ

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements