Sign in to follow this  
haring

sealant gel for sealing strobe cord/cable end????

I just noticed that my Ikelite cord has a small leak at one of the ends. The waterproof sealing at one end where the ikelite bulkhead connects to the cord is damaged.

My question: What kind of gel/sealant can I use to reseal the cable end? The bulkhead is sitting tight at the end of the cable. It looks like that I can fix the leak with resealing the tiny cable in the cord.

It looks like Ikelite used some type of silicone glue... Do yo have any idea what to use? I want to fix it and I want to fix it in the proper way.

Thanks so much!

I guess this is not a common problem.

Edited by haring

While i don't use ikelite anymore they had a perpetual problems with the sync cords. The ends had no protectors and the cord would sooner than later have issues. Post this they started selling these with protectors, but the problem would recur. At the ends the wires would break within due to the constant bending while underwater. Si started using these and the problem was solved. Maybe you could use these self fusing silicone tapes ? http://www.amazon.com/RESCUE-Self-Fusing-Silicone-Tape-Black/dp/B000ZTK6CI

You may also be able to use this, although i a have not tried it. : http://www.amazon.com/Gardner-Bender-LTB-400-4-Ounce-Electrical/dp/B000FPAN2K/ref=pd_sim_60_19?ie=UTF8&dpID=41wLkfZrgUL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR82%2C160_&refRID=1K4JJSNQDXCN62P8WN6B

Diggy

Edited by diggy

Glad i could help :clapping:

A while back they had a threaded cap over a compression "o" ring.

If yours are like this, consider shorting the cable an inch and use a new "o" ring.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements