holloways

Oly OMD-EM1 firmware update to V4.1 not working

I just bought an Olympus OMD-EM1. The firmware on it, out of the box, is V3.1.

The latest firmware available from Olympus is V4.1.

When I go to update the firmware, the site tells me I have the latest version and that my camera is up to date (although my camera still says it is V3.1).

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

PS - will all my customized setting go away when I eventually do figure out how to upgrade?

Thank you!

Not sure how to help with the update, but I can confirm that going from version 3.x to 4.0 will delete your customized settings. 4.0 to 4.1 retains settings, but as you're starting at 3.1 you'll have to redo them.

• Like 1

What firmware does the camera itself show? Assuming it also shows 3.1, I don't have a solution, but I wonder if you should go into the settings and see if some of the 4.0 changes appear to be there, like perhaps the focus stacking. I also wonder if deleting the updater software from your computer and then reinstalling might allow it to properly read the camera? It might at least give a clue to whether the problem is the camera or updater.

I would guess something went wrong during the update and the procedure did not complete properly? As far as I know, there is no way to undo the update in the camera.

And yes, as Wapiti said, 3.0 to 4.0 or 4.1 does require you to do all the settings again.

Edited by Draq

Thank you Draq! THat did the trick. I uninstalled and then reinstalled the firmware update. Worked like a charm. Thank you!

Sponsors

Advertisements